New scholarships for 2018 Lake County High School Graduates
Applications can be accessed by opening the links below:
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE TURNED IN BY MARCH 15th AT 4pm TO BE CONSIDERED
$500 will be awarded to a Tavares High School student who is graduating in 2018 and plans to pursue higher education in a State College or University in the fields of finance/accounting or business. Student must also have a demonstrated financial need. Scholarship can be used for tuition/books or fees.
The Edmond Amateis Foundation has scholarship funds, in the amount of $1,500, available for local students with financial need, as determined by income eligibility guidelines as established by USDA for reduced lunch.
$2000 will be awarded to a 2018 graduate from Lake County School that plans to pursue higher education in a community college, university or trade school. Student must have a 2.5 or higher GPA and must be actively involved in the community. Scholarship can be used for tuition/books or fees.
$1,000 will be awarded to a 2018 graduate from Leesburg High School who is performing academically at an extremely high level of achievement. In addition to exceeding a GPA of 3.6 or higher, the applicant is expected to have exhibited high ethical standards and have a history of public service and community involvement. The preferred recipient must have expressed an interest in attending law school upon completion of undergraduate studies. The student must be a legal citizen of the U.S. and attend an accredited college or university in the State of Florida. Scholarship can be used to cover tuition, fees and books.
A $1000.00 scholarship will be awarded to a 2018 graduate from Leesburg High School attending a community college or university. Applicant must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher and submit documentation supporting community involvement. An essay must be included with application describing applicant’s volunteer activities and why he/she feels it is important to volunteer. The scholarship may be used for tuition, books, or fees.
$1000 will be awarded to a 2018 graduate from Leesburg or Tavares High School that plans to pursue higher education in a community college, university or trade school. Student must have a 2.5 or higher GPA and must be actively involved in the community. Scholarship can be used for tuition/books or fees.
$500 will be awarded to applicants who are students OR who are seeking to start a business in the agriculture or environmental-related field. Applicants must submit an application and a detailed narrative detailing your educational or career plans in the field.
Up to $5,000 will be awarded to a Tavares High School 2018 Graduate who has a 2.5 GPA or higher and has a financial need set by the USDA free or reduced lunch program. Application should include an 250-word essay and a photograph.
49 FUND SCHOLARSHIP:
Below are the eligibility requirements as well as instructions on how a student can apply for this great opportunity. Please share these instructions and the Information & Criteria Sheet (click link) to eligible candidates.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Applicant must be “out” as a person who self identifies as a member of the LGBT community
- Applicant must attend or plan on attending an accredited two or four year college or university to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree; technical colleges are not eligible institutions
- Applicant must be or plan to be enrolled at least part-time in college courses as defined as being enrolled in at least nine (9) credit hours
- Applicants must show academic success as demonstrated by a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant must demonstrate a proven and significant impact in their community as defined by applicant’s ability to communicate in writing their leadership skills and support of and contribution to the LGBT community
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need
To apply, students should follow these steps:
- Go to MyScholarship
- Click “Create New Account” and follow the instructions
- Once logged into MyScholarship, type “49FUND18” in the box labeled “Access Code” to the right
- Click “Enter Code”
- Review the information on the Application Page
- Click “Apply”
- Complete all required fields and click on “Submit Application” when done
The Information and Criteria Sheet which provides more details about how students can apply as well as more information about The 49 Fund at Central Florida Foundation.
For questions contact 407-872-3050 or via e-mail at email@example.com.