Six local celebrities and their professional partners danced their hearts out to benefit the teachers and students of Lake County Schools at the 16th Annual Stepping Out for Education, held July 29th and 30th at Mission Inn Resort and Spa. The signature event for the Education Foundation of Lake County raised over $45,000 for Lake County Schools Career and Technical Education programs and the state will match the total 100%.
Each team dazzled the audience and judges with two performances that involved complex and entertaining choreography revolving around the Vegas Royale theme. The celebrities included:
- Jimmy Adams, Project Manager with Electric Services Inc., and his professional partner Kaylee Boghes
- Jaime Bach, Owner of Jaime and Company Real Estate, and her professional partner Eddie Rivera
- David Helton, Administrator with the Law Office of Pamela J. Helton, and his professional partner Jailene Espinosa
- Lori Myers, Assistant Principal of Sorrento Elementary, and her professional partner Jose Perez
- Shaunna Purdy, Owner of Kurt’s A/C and Heat, and her professional partner Eddie Rivera
- Tyrell Rachel, Trainer/Coach with Infinity Fitness, and his professional partner Lora Constantini
A panel of professional judges that included Hannah Pickard, Anastassia Abramenko and Primo Garcia judged the teams’ two performances each night and combined the scores to award the top Male and Female Performer. The audience participated in voting for the audience choice performer each night with assistance from the Lake County Supervisor of Elections staff. Tyrell Rachel was named the Top Male Performer both nights and Shaunna Purdy was named the Top Female Performer, Audience Choice, and Overall Mirror Ball Winner.
The event was emceed by the long running, and previous Stepping Out alum, Dr. Wade Winker who shared the stage with another fan favorite Stepping Out alum in Marc Robertz-Schwartz. In the Education Foundation’s long-standing tradition both gentlemen were asked to award a $500 check to the school of their choice. Dr. Winker awarded his emcee donation to Sorrento Elementary and Mr. Robertz-Schwartz awarded it to Lake Minneola High School.
A special thank you to the sponsors of Stepping Out for Education which included: Akers Media, Electric Services Inc., Kurt’s A/C and Heat, Addition Financial, Remsen Law, Maggie’s Attic, the Law Office of Pamela J. Helton, Lake County Sheriff’s Office Charities, Bowen & Schroth, Attorney James A. Myers, Mathias Foodservice, Insight Credit Union, Kevco Builders, Eustis Lakeside Dental, United Southern Bank, York, Duke Energy, Ford Press, Citizens First Bank, Renew Day Spa, Collier Financial Solutions, Trinity Constructors, Mark Construction, Wharton-Smith Construction, Lake Technical College, UF Health, the Hinckley Family, the McLin Foundation, Kroger, T Scott Roofing, Sandra Stura, and Browne Distributors.