Five local celebrities and their professional partners danced their hearts out to benefit teachers and students in Lake County Schools, at the 15th Annual Stepping Out for Education, held July 23 and 24, at the Clermont Performing Arts Center. The signature event for the Education Foundation of Lake County raised $56,000 for Lake County Schools Career and Technical Education programs and the state will match the total 100%.
Each team dazzled the audience with two performances that involved complex and entertaining choreography to a Broadway theme. The celebrity dancers included:
- Dr. Emily Feltner, Assistant Superintendent of Lake County Schools and her partner Eddie Rivera, from Dance It Studio
- Tyler J. Borowski, Deputy Tax Collector and his professional partner Lora Constantini, from MVP Dance Academy
- Dina Simpson, owner of Renew Day Spa of Leesburg and her partner Jose Perez, from Dance It Studio.
- Jerome Brouhoard, manager and sommelier at Maggie’s Attic and his partner Hannah Pickard, from Dance It Studio
- Mayor Tim Murry, of Clermont, and his pro partner Jailene Espinosa, from Dance It Studio.
A panel of professional judges that included Marta Lyszkowicz, Anastasia Abramenko and Primo Garcia scrutinized the teams’ two performances each night and combined the scores to award the coveted Mirror Ball trophy to Dr. Emily Feltner. The audience participated in voting for the top Male and Female performers each night with assistance from the Lake County Supervisors of Elections staff. Mayor Tim Murry was named the Top Male Performer each night and Dr. Emily Feltner swept the Top Female Performer category.
The event was hosted by Red Apples Media President Marc Robertz-Schwartz. Attendees enjoyed gourmet heavy hors d’oeuvres prepared by the Lake County Schools Culinary Chefs and a decadent dessert reception sponsored by Kevco Builders. One of Lake County’s newest employers, Kroger, donated most of the food the chefs prepared each evening.